The BluEpyc BLE Desktop Gateway is an elegant, small sized Bluetooth Beacon reader with a read range up to 100 meters, that is able to receive and manage data coming from BLE Tag Beacons placed on people or items, and transmit the collected data to a host server or Cloud database via its Ethernet Lan interface.
The Desktop Gateway is low cost, small in size making it easy to install anywhere, and can be used for applications including RTLS, Attendance Tracking, Asset Tracking, Vendor Managed Inventory, process automation and more.
Complete BLE Beacon Starter Kits Available Here with Software and Beacons >>
- Desktop Bluetooth Beacon Gateway Reader with Ethernet
- Power Supply
- Operating Frequency: 2.4 GHz. IEEE Standard: 802.15.1 (Bluetooth 4.x Low Energy).
- Reading Features: Anti-collision Beacons reading. Read Performance: about 80 tags per second. Read Range: up to 100 meters (depending on environment, configuration, Bluetooth antenna and beacon feature).
- Data Rate & RF Power: 1 Mbit/s. Security 128-bit AES. Transmit power: +3 dBm. RX sensitivity: to -91dBm.
- Power supply: 12 VDC (+/- 5 %) external power supply (not included). Consumption: Typical 400 mA -Max 2 Amp.
- CPU: Low Power 16 bits, 16 MIPS, PIC 24FJ256GB206 processor. Memory: 256K Flash, 96K Ram, 16Mbit Flash (for web server), 64Kbit EEPROM.
- Desktop Case - ABS (UL 94 HB). Protection class IP40.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 121.9 x 78.7 x 33 mm, 150g.
- Configuration mode: Low-level commands, Client Application or via On Board Web Server (Internet Browser).
- Host Communication: Ethernet RJ45 (10/100).
- Slot for Micro SD memory card. 1 x buzzer, 1 x Led bicolor, 1 x I2C Interface.
- I/O on external RJ45 (8 wire): 3 x digital input, 4 x digital output. 1 x Led bicolor.
See All Bluetooth Beacon Gateways and Repeaters >>
What are Bluetooth Beacons?
Bluetooth Beacons are BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) transmitters that require very little infrastructure to setup and offer very long read ranges. Bluetooth Beacons broadcast their data to nearby Bluetooth Gateways to identify and interact with them. This enables BLE devices to be used in a wide variety of different applications, usually involving the tracking of an item or person. BLE devices are battery powered, and can function for dozens of months straight without requiring a change in battery.
BluEpyc BLE Booklet
BluEpyc BLE Device Operating Modes