PTS Hardware Returns Information
For all returns to Portable Technology Solutions, you must obtain a Return Authorization Number from our Customer Service department by e-mailing Customer Service or calling 1-877-640-4152 prior to shipping the product to us.
The following information is needed to issue a Return Authorization:
PTS Item #
Reason for Return
PTS Software Return Policy
PTS Software titles are distributed as trial versions. This means you can download and try out the software for free and without risk. You can decide to register the software after you have tested it and determined it performs to your satisfaction.
Once the product has been purchased and Registration Code has been sent to you, the software cannot be returned. For that reason, our policy is to provide refunds only in cases where: (a) software was purchased from PTS along with the terminal you are running it on and that terminal is also being returned or (b) there is a specific problem and the software does not perform as we described. Please note, PTS will not issue RMA's for software without being given the opportunity to correct the issue causing the software not to perform per as advertised.
Dead On Arrivals
DOA's receive full credit but PTS must be notified within 10 days of receipt.
If you have a COD account, PTS ships the replacement product as soon as the damaged product is received.
Undamaged Product Returns
PTS must receive a request for return within 20 days of receipt.
Restocking charges apply, as listed below, on all hardware orders unless waived by a PTS sales representative or a replacement purchase of greater value is placed at the time of return.
- 15% of purchase price (minimum $35) if no replacement is purchased.
ALL original packaging must be returned with the products including all boxes, plastic bags, manuals, paperwork, etc.
If all original packaging is not returned, PTS will not accept the return for credit.
Custom-configured products cannot be returned for credit.
You must ship the product; with-in 5 days of receipt of an RA#, PTS credits your account less restocking fees.
Additional requirements include:
Accounts must be current to receive a RMA# for a stock balance return.
Refused orders may be subject to a cancellation fee. Call Customer Service at 877-640-4152 before refusing any shipment. Failure to call Customer Service may result in credit refusal, and products will be returned to you at your expense. Price protection is available only when provided by the manufacturer. If provided, returned products will be credited at the current price, or original price, whichever is lower and reflects price reductions announced by the manufacturers.
All refunds will be issued via check, payable to the "bill to" on the order being credited.
For PTS to process your return in a timely manner, please review the information and follow the procedures outlined below:
- Use the original manufacturers' boxes and packaging
- Package all returns to prevent damage in transit
- Use shipping labels on cartons being returned
- All returns must have an RMA number printed on the return shipping label
- Do not write addresses or RMA numbers on the outside of the manufacturers' boxes. Products must be in resalable condition to receive credit
- Note store number on return address label
- All returns must be complete including all components, accessories, cables, software and manuals in the original shipment
- All returns must be received by PTS within 10 days from the date the RMA number is issued. RMA numbers are only valid for 30 days.
- Returns must be shipped freight pre-paid